The Difference We Make
We work with people in the urban areas of Gloucestershire to, create greater levels of economic well-being, to build confidence, self-belief and motivation and to empower them to build better futures.
In 2015 to 16 GL Communities achieved:
- Our Money Advice Service has worked on 642 cases and managed £2,238,413 worth of household debts.
- Our Money Advice Service has gained £230,439 in income for its clients in welfare benefits and grants.
- 37% of the long term unemployed people who were part of our Employment Project - Dig Deep, moved into long term permanent work.
- The Dig Deep project completed work on over 150 gardens.
- 35 volunteers contributed 2,046 hours (at £12 per hour) this is equivalent to £24,552.
- 170 people have attended the courses that we have developed on financial inclusion, energy efficiency and confidence building.
- Our 4 social enterprises have provided work experience for over 45 people and reasonably priced services for the community.
- Our Community Builder worked with people in Kingsway to set up the Kingsway Runners and it now has a membership of 686 people.
- Over 250 people attended our community event in Matson called ‘4 You the Community'.
- We led in the setting up of an Information and Advice Forum for Gloucester that had 38 member agencies.
This can lead to improvements in:
- Mental health and well being.
- Improvements in economic well being.
- Confidence to create the changes that they would like to see.
- Improved relationships with others.
- Greater sense of belonging.
Our Annual Report, Evaluation reports and the stories of our participants can be found below.